Somewhere in life we think that our inheritance is going to be the gift of money and lots of it. Well are we in for a big surprise.
Let me take you on an improbable journey of discovery, having to answer the ultimate question: “What is the relationship between wealth and happiness?”
Based on the best-selling book “The Ultimate Gift” by Jim Stovall, Jason Stevens had a very simple relationship with his impossibly wealthy Grandfather, Howard “Red” Stevens. He hated him. No heart-to-heart talks, no warm fuzziness just cold hard cash. So Jason figured that when Red died, that his Grandfather would leave him money which will allow him to continue living in the lifestyle to which his used to and accustomed to. But Red had another plan for Jason to experience a crash course on life. He gave him twelve tasks, which was called “gifts,” challenging Jason in an improbable way, the accumulation of which would change him forever.
Life is simply not just about money, living a wealthy and organised lifestyle. To have the ultimate gift of life, you need to earn it. By earning it, you have to experience a crash course on life and receive a serious of gifts. “Gifts” of work, money, friends, learning, problems, family, laughter, dreams, giving, gratitude, a day and love – to which will challenge you to a journey of discoveries.
The person who might have hurt you the most in life – might give you the ultimate gift of life. A serious of gifts might come along your way in order to pursue the ultimate gift.
* Gift of work – Finish a job to be done. Work hard and you can do anything.
* Gift of money – Spend it on someone who might have financial problems and by putting yourself in their shoes. To find out that your friend is diagnosed with cancer to give a helping hand on his/her bills.
* Gift of friendship – I need a friend is easy to say, but what is the real meaning behind friendship? You can have a friend of any age and you might meet a friend that can change your view of life entirely.
* Gift of Learning – Do you truly know how to learn? I think that there is so much more to discover and learn.
* Gift of Problems – You don’t start living until you haven’t lost everything. You have to encounter problems and learn from them in order to realise how much you actually have.
* Gift of family – Share your love with family. Be supportive and listen to what they have to say, you might just found the gift of a happy family.
* Gift of laughter – It is great to laugh and the best medicine ever. Laughter needs no words.
* Gift of dreams – You need to be free to dream. You need to come up with a dream and act on it. Even if you don’t have your own dream yet, you can help to fulfil others’ dreams.
* Gift of giving – If you give, you will receive back.
* Gift of gratitude – A ‘thank you’ will bounce back to you.
* Gift of a day – Spend a day in your life with someone you love and fulfil their dreams and wishes. They might just have ‘a day’ to live.
* Gift of love – After this journey of discoveries, you might found the gift of love for the person who you hated the most and who hurt you the most in life.